[Elphel-support] Is there a way to assign a higher priority to an application on the Elphel board?

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Fri Mar 13 12:40:54 PDT 2015

Harry,

I need to know the average compressed frame size in bytes, not in pixels as I wrote in one of the previous messages. This depends on the image contents, dimensions as well as on the compression quality.
As I wrote earlier, buffer size in the current firmware is 19MB, so it is possible to estimate maximal CF dead time it can tolerate. It is also possible to dynamically change image quality and/or skip some frames if the image size is large and the timeout is long.

I can not provide you suggestions on the CF cards as manufacturers do not disclose details about their cards behaviour.

I believe there should be no problems to handle these timeouts by temporary reducing image quality/frame rate if needed, camera firmware provides access to the buffer state, so you can control parameters with your application (even with a PHP script)