[Elphel-support] Kernel versions in NC353 and NC393 cameras

Sander sander at humilis.net
Sat Apr 11 05:52:32 PDT 2015

Hello Andrey,

> It seems that by now we have resolved all these unexpected issues and
> the road is clear for the NC393 code development itself. I also finished
> some other projects that required immediate attention and starting next
> week plan to get deep into the new camera code development. We are also
> working now on getting more developers into our team, so hopefully the
> things will start moving faster.

Thanks a lot for your extensive reply to the OP explaining all the
details. It brings up memories from the development of the OpenMoko
GTA04.

I understand there are all kinds of variables and uncertainties, but
would you be able to give a rough estimate on when the NC393 might be
available? Early or late 2016?

I want to build myself a home security system. As I am very much
attracted by opensource hardware (and software), Elphel camera's are an
obvious choice.  This whole area is new and unknown to me though. May I
ask, what would be the obvious advantage of the NC393 over the Axis
P1428-E wrt surveillance?

	Sander