[Elphel-support] Stereo Camera Systems: Distance to Image Sensor and Sub-sampling Ethernet Output

Justin Burnett jburnett at andrill.org
Fri Mar 28 23:21:25 PDT 2014

Olga,
Thank you for your prompt and detailed response.

1) Is there someway I can get more information on the custom sensor cables?
Specifically I am interested in the outer diameter and the jacket material?

2) For best performance in the JP4 format, what kind of write speed would
be required of the local storage device with the current model 353? What is
the anticipated maximum write speed for the upcoming 393 model?
Specifically I am wondering about the limitations of compact flash vs. SSD
for local storage.

3) We have seen your thermally compensated tri-clops camera system and the
associated software demo. Would it be possible(and relatively painless) to
multiplex three sensors to a single camera, and use the same software tool
for measurement and evaluation? This is a very attractive option, but has
some limitations for our application, namely we need to supply our own
(potentially non-calibrated or thermally compensated) lens, because the
optical properties of the pressure housing dome geometry, as well as the
transition to seawater, change the anticipated optics substantially. How
difficult would it be to calibrate a custom lens/assembly? For accurate
results, we would likely need to set up a test pattern in a water tank...

Thank you again for your continued support.

Regards,
-Justin

Justin Burnett
Mechanical Engineer