[Elphel-support] FW: Product Enquiry

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Tue Jul 8 13:31:35 PDT 2014

Hi Ian,

Sorry, it took long to answer your questions.

I'm looking at developing the camera where one is focused on the view ahead
> of me and the other to focus on me (180º) so I can see my body movement and
> form during mountain biking and also to view my swimming technique.

There are 2 ways:
1. Single system board + 2 sensors.
12-15fps at 1080p
synced

2. 2 separate single sensor cameras
25-30fps at 1080p
camera are synced with a special cable

Images can be recorded over network (100Mb/s) or on the internal storage
(Compact Flash card)

Would you also be-able to provide the software that can produce a split
> screen to capture both camera views when the data is uploaded?

Something relatively simple like refreshing split screen surely can be
done. Do you mean a live preview?

For waterproof applications I'm taking it that I would just need to seal
> the casing around the camera as-well?

You would need to seal the network jack and the sync port (if 2 cameras
used).
Or you can design a custom weatherproof casing and get everything without
the default casing.

There is 12-36V modification of cameras that can be used with batteries.
The default is 48V.
And with something compact like TL-WR702N you can make it wireless.

What fields of view the camera are you thinking of?
Where is it mounted while you're swimming?

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124