[Elphel-support] how to dump code into camera

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Aug 11 12:33:14 PDT 2014

Guarav,

1. i want to perform correlation between two images ,i have a code written
> in verilog but how to dump that code into camera??

If you have a single lens camera (NC353, NC353-... - meaning there's no
10359 board installed that has an extra fpga) :

The src verilog files for the system board fpga are here:
http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/elphel/elphel353-8.0/fpga/x3x3/
In short, you need to add your code to the project, but most likely it
won't fit in the fpga or won't meet the timing the fpga on the system board
is almost full.

If you manage to create a bitstream - it should be called x353.bit and
copied it to the camera /etc/ - after rebooting the fpga will be configured
with a new bitstream.
If the camera doesn't have the serial output port on the side (NC353-369) -
it will be hard to debug possible problems - bad bitstream can cause losing
connection or damaging the hardware.

2. is iverilog 0.9.5-1 will work instead of 0.9.3 and is we need to install
> icraus verilog as we already have  ISE WEBPACK.??

 iverilog 0.9.5-1 should work - never tested though. For verilog
verification you can use both ISE Webpack or Icarus Verilog + GTKWave.

3. i installed mplayer by command line but as i typed : mplayer rtsp://

Blurred - compared to http://192.168.0.9:8081/bimg?

> *SO WHAT I DID IS IT OK OR I NEED TO INSTALL SOMETHING ELSE ????*

For verilog:
  ISE Webpack, Icarus and GTKWave

For the camera software:
  cross-compiler, get the camera firmware built from cvs
<http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu#Build_Elphel_Software>
-
then you can modify sources and rebuild it. KDevelop makes it easier to
navigate through the project.
  Building the firmware requires to have the NFS server set up.

ImageJ plugins are mostly for our calibrated/stereo/multi-sensor cameras.
You can use them as a base to write your own plugin for correlation, for
example.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer