[Elphel-support] Synchronizing GPS data with imu log

Dylan Carlson carl3967 at umn.edu
Tue Apr 16 15:38:01 PDT 2013

I am trying to include GPS data with the imu data in one log. I have the
GPS connected and I seeing data update while viewing the metadata. The GPS
data does not show up in the log after running logger_launcher.php and
read_imu_log.php. I have also tried creating a log file using cat /dev/imu
>log-file-path but the GPS data is still missing. Another problem is the
terminal is being hung on that command and will not respond or give a new
line. I can get the GPS lat and long off of the images but there is no GPS
or master timestamp that correlates to the logfiles. I have not changed any
of the setup or configure files.

My questions are:

How do I include the GPS data in the generated log files?

How can I synchronize the timestamps I see in the log to a timestamp on the
photos?

This is an example of the log files I am generating and parsing with
read_imu_log.php.

Dylan Carlson

--
*University Of Minnesota: College of Science and Engineering*
*Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics*