[Elphel-support] change the IP to a subnet like 192.168.0.xx (like in the original configuration)

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Apr 1 17:01:36 PDT 2013

Biel,

> In case of me making some mistake and screwing it up, how could I recover
> it? Would I have to send my camera off?

It's unlikely something could go wrong here. Just remember your settings.
In any case you would be able boot the camera through the network provided
you boot a live usb on your PC.

> in order to have an IP from the device in the xx.xx.0.xx subnet (factory
> settings) do I change only the IP value to the new subnet (from 192.168.1.9
> to 192.168.0.9)? Or do I have to change Netmask, Gateway, and the Broadcast
> to some other value also?

Normally, you should change the gateway to 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your
router's ip address is) and broadcast 192.168.0.255, netmask stays the
255.255.255.0.
In short, the camera's address needs to be in the same subnet to be
accessible - meaning if it stays connected to the same router - the
router's wire address has to be changed to 192.168.0.1.1...254.

So, first change the camera address then, the router's address.

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer
phone: +1 801 783 5555 x124