[Elphel-support] raw file from elphel

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Sun Oct 14 01:05:08 PDT 2012

Venkat,

The RGB sequence in raw mode depends on the scan direction (sensor can be "flipped" vertically and/or horizontally. I haven't used it for quite a while (since the normal image processing is stable), so I would have to verify myself - what pixel it starts from.

I would recommend you to install ImageJ (http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/download.html) and our plugin (http://elphel.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=elphel/ImageJ-Elphel;a=blob_plain;f=JP46_Reader_camera.java;hb=HEAD) - you may just save it under "plugins" directory of ImageJ, and then in t the ImageJ menu - select "plugins"->"Compile and Run". That plugin will open the JP4 file (or image directly from the camera) as a 32-bit Tiff file, it will also show all the related metadata (if you uncheck "silent") used for decoding. This code is guaranteed to stay current, so you may use it at least to compare teh results with what you code does.

Andrey

---- On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 00:52:30 -0700 Venkat Subbiah<venkat at magnasinc.com> wrote ----