[Elphel-support] raw file from elphel

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Sat Oct 13 21:59:03 PDT 2012

---- On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:15:38 -0700 Venkat Subbiah<venkat at magnasinc.com> wrote ----

Venkat, thank you - I fixed it. SOmehow "http://" was repeated twice
 > 2) What is the format of the raw image?

Just sequence of bytes (or 16-bit words) corresponding to (width+4)*(height+4), where width and height are dimensions you'll get in normal mode
 > 3) On the webpage there is a warning about continuos acquistion? How can I set the camera to take one picture and stop taking any more pictures till I ask it to do so again.

There are several ways how to do it. I would recommend using the triggered mode (http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Trigger ) . In that mode sensor can be triggered either from the external signal or from the camera FPGA. In that case you may either set trigger period (in sensor 96MHz clock periods ) or trigger by a command. When camera is in "TRIG=4 " mode and TRIG_CONDITION=0 you may trigger it with http://192.168.0.9:8081/trig/pointers command (assuming default IP=192.168.0.9)

And how exactly are you going to use that raw mode? To my understnding It is only useful for camera FPGA and firmware (or host computer decoder) troubleshooting, the JP4 with Q=100% provide high frame rate and data loss is under the sensor noise floor, with proper decoding (as in ImageJ Java plugin) the result 32-bit Tiff matches the sensor pixel values in linear mode.