[Elphel-support] raw file from elphel

Venkat Subbiah venkat at magnasinc.com
Sat Oct 13 20:15:38 PDT 2012

Andrey,

Thanks for your reply. Follow up questions below.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM, support-list <
support-list at support.elphel.com> wrote:

> **
> Hello Vencat,
>
> It is possible to read sesnor data, but the data rate will be much lower
> than with compressed, so I would only recommend using it for test purposes.

For the real acquisition I would recommend JP4 mode with 99% or even 100%
> "quality" - in the last case there will be no quantizing in the compressor
> at all. Even as the compressed JP4 data is 8 bit, the conversion from the
> sensor 12 bit output matches the sesnor (mostly shot) noise, so the
> difference is under the noise floor.
>
> Toi get teh raw data you may use the PHP script in the camera described on
> the wiki (I just updated that page):
> http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=RawImage

1) On that webpage the link to the PHP script is not working.
2) What is the format of the raw image?
3) On the webpage there is a warning about continuos acquistion? How can I
set the camera to take one picture and stop taking any more pictures till I
ask it to do so again.