[Elphel-support] raw file from elphel

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Oct 11 09:51:51 PDT 2012

Hello Vencat,

It is possible to read sesnor data, but the data rate will be much lower than with compressed, so I would only recommend using it for test purposes. For the real acquisition I would recommend JP4 mode with 99% or even 100% "quality" - in the last case there will be no quantizing in the compressor at all. Even as the compressed JP4 data is 8 bit, the conversion from the sensor 12 bit output matches the sesnor (mostly shot) noise, so the difference is under the noise floor.

Toi get teh raw data you may use the PHP script in the camera described on the wiki (I just updated that page):
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=RawImage

You can specify "BITS=8" (default) or "BITS=16" among other parameters

Andrey

---- On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:58:30 -0700 Venkat Subbiah <venkat at magnasinc.com> wrote ----

Hello,

I would like read a raw file off the camera, and I would like to read it before any processing. i.e I want the raw pixels in the Bayer pattern as I don't want to apply any filters while doing demosacing etc.

http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=JP4#bayer2rgb2:_debayer

I see this link and this goes into converting into jpeg etc, but what I am interested in just getting the raw pixel values.

Also Is there a mode I can put the camera into to save the file without any compression, so that it is easy to read the file out. i.e put it something like a BMP mode, where no kind of compression is used. When no compression is used it would also be very easy to read the file.

Thanks,
Venkat