[Elphel-support] broken files from footage?

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Sun Nov 18 12:40:15 PST 2012

Hello Flavio,

What are your source files? Did you record video on HDD or you streamed it over the network and used other software for converting and recording?

Files recorded by the camera to the HDD have all the Exif fields, including MakerNote, but I'm not sure if other programs preserve them all. Another thing - when you record to the HDD you can record more data (higher resolution/fps/image quality), the difference is at least 60% so I do not see any reason for recording over the network if you have HDD attached.

Among other things MakerNote field has the parameters for analog gains, gamma, and flips (hor/vert) so the software can correctly process the data. When you change flips in the camera, the output the frame that is output shifts by 1 pixel, so the Bayer pattern stays the same  - if you just flip the frame the Bayer mosaic will change.