[Elphel-support] broken files from footage?

flavio soares qazav3.0 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:20:28 PST 2012

Hi, Andrey,

I have recorded both in the HDD and the stream.

In this shot in particular, the hdd failed because we stood there 2 hours
under a 5000w light inside a room setting the scene - the hdd had no cooler
and eventually failed when the shot was made. I was able to mix two of
these shots so that the effect is sort of ok. But I wanted to check the
stream because it jitters less (to be able to use the hdd shot, I had to
manually repeat some dngs with defect so that I had a scene, but then the
repeated frames jitter a bit in some parts of the scene).

The shots recorded with the HDD are fine - meaning the problem was the heat
in the hdd, not anything to do with the camera. So the DNGs even upside
down are more than ok! =)

thanks for all the help!

flavio