[Elphel-support] broken files from footage?

flavio soares qazav3.0 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 05:41:54 PST 2012

Hi, Oleg, thanks again for the support!

I tried the script with the mkv but no success. I am uploading a small
mkv (75MB) for you to see. I guess you are right: ffmpeg probably
change the headers.

With this file I'm uploading, the same cenario occurs: the php script
won't split it; ffmpeg does but then movie2dng won't convert the files
and elphel_dng does convert it but with the colors shifted. I mean to
say: probably, this is what happen to any .mkv file if we use this
workflow (with ffmpeg).

Now, it just occured to me. This may have nothing to do with the
problem, but may also be the cause of it. To watch the stream of the
video (and recording it, in this case), I'm using this line:

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.9:554
protocols=0x00000001 latency=100 ! rtpjpegdepay ! tee name=raw_tee !
queue ! jpegdec ! queue ! jp462bayer ! "video/x-raw-bayer,
width=(int)$NEW_WIDTH, height=(int)$NEW_HEIGHT, format=(string)gbrg" !
queue ! bayer2rgb2 method=0 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue ! autovideosink
raw_tee. ! queue ! videorate ! "image/jpeg, width=(int)2304,
height=(int)960, framerate=(fraction)24/1" ! matroskamux ! filesink
location=$FOLDER/s06b_t1_$FILE_NUMBER.mkv -e

The important thing on it is that since the camera was upside down,
notice I had to change this line to "format=(string)gbrg" as shown
above. Otherwise, the colors would change in the stream, the red and
blue channels. I guess the original line was "format=(string)grbg" (r
and b changed).

I thought that this affected only the stream I was watching but not
recording. However, I have just checked now that the script I made to
play the .mkv recorded videos reads as follows:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=$VIDEO ! decodebin ! ffmpegcolorspace
! queue ! jp462bayer ! "video/x-raw-bayer, width=(int)$DISP_WIDTH,
height=(int)$DISP_HEIGHT, format=(string)gbrg" ! queue ! bayer2rgb2
method=1 ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink;

It also contains the info "format=(string)gbrg", meaning I have to
re-shift the colors to watch it.

Maybe elphel_dng is just working fine and the original footage is the
one that is shifted? If so, I might have to find a way of doing this
on conversion - maybe even by re-playing the file with GStreamer while
re-dumping the video, with the color channels r and b back to place?

(the video has just finished uploading)

thanks again!