[Elphel-support] broken files from footage?

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Sat Nov 17 17:40:12 PST 2012

Flavio,

Looks like ffmpeg puts (at least) its own headers into the
files: "JFIF Lavc52.123.0..." - this causes the wrong conversion.

I don't know whether an *.mkv file has full frames inside (most likely it's
not)

If it does then
split_mov_2.php<http://community.elphel.com/files/php_scripts/split_mov_2.php.txt>can
split it.
If not - the solution might be replacing the headers with the ones from the
correct footage.

Could you also upload an mkv sample?

Regards,
Oleg