[Elphel-support] LED flash trigger signal

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Fri Mar 16 07:57:32 PDT 2012

Andreas,

I think that modulated signal will still trigger your flash, that
should not be a problem. With the single connector - the easies would
probably be to add an external delay before the flash for 70 ms.
Cameras have programmable delays between trigger and input and
starting acquisition, but here you need  the cameras to start 70 ms
earlier than the flash - they need  this time to erase each line.  So
you are correct - exposure should be at least frame readout time +
flash time, and  the flash should be triggered with the frame readout
time delay. It is possible to tweak the FPGA code and use the other
set of sync signals (small flex cable connectors inside the camera)
and add external connector, but that is not done yet.

Andrey