[Elphel-support] LED flash trigger signal

Andreas Bean office at beanbox.com
Fri Mar 16 08:00:08 PDT 2012

Andrey,

Three days ago I got our two 100W led lighting modules for our panoramic
camera.
The trigger is a 0 - 5V signal against GND.

Whats the easiest option to connect the modules to the camera? The
trigger turns on the leds for 80ms.
If I remember correctly then 70ms + exposure time is needed due to the
rolling shutter.

I'm not sure if its a good idea to use the camera sync port, since we
already connected two cameras
together. Also the timestamp is sent via that port, so it can't be a
simple trigger signal.

Whats the best option to get the leds triggered?

Andreas