[Elphel-support] hi from kinoraw

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Tue Jun 5 11:08:36 PDT 2012

Hello Carlos,

Shipping camera back and fourth can be expensive, so I'm trying to make
sure it can be a hardware problem related to fixing the 10369 board with
the connector that fell off. I can not think of any type of failure that
can manifest itself in that way. So I would try to make a table - what
works (always)  and what does not. Can you make such table, using the
previous results and add some more?
I would test streaming and really low data rate (low fps and/or image
quality) with the serial port of the camera connected to the camera and
monitored, and streamer (str) killed and restarted from console (so output,
if any will go to console). If the streamer will fail - what happens to the
camera:
1 - the serial console connection will be dead,
2 - serial console will continue to be operational, but no network
connection (can not ping camera from outside)
3 - console alive, network alive
In the case of the network down - what will the "ifconfig" and "mii-diag"
output?

Another test - if the camera is not streaming, just connected - will it
continue to be accessible after a long time?
What about recording to the external SATA HDD - does it work? Or also fails?

Andrey