[Elphel-support] starting an article...

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:59:07 PDT 2012

Hi flavio

Great read!

Some feedback:

-) "the BPP of the image decreases drastically in the region between
95-100%" -> actually we are used to reading from left to right so the
value actually "increases" instead of "decreases".

-) You mostly talk about JPEG quality percentages in the article,
though this percentage will produce different data rates with
different recorded images.
So the data rates is always the absolute limiting factor, not the percentages.

-) The thing with JP4 vs JP46: its not about the datarate, its about
increasing FPS. JP4 can achieve higher FPS at the same resolution or
in the other way around you can achieve higher resolution at the same
FPS, though the max data rate stays the same.

Regards Sebastian