[Elphel-support] Synchronizing with an external flash

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Sun Jul 22 20:57:42 PDT 2012

Hi Eric,

You might have seen the schematics -
http://wiki.elphel.com/images/9/9a/10369a.pdf

So, you get 5V only on the PIN 4 of J15. TRIG_OUT=0x800000.

PINs 2 & 3 need an external power source. They are galvanically decoupled
with the camera's circuitry. GPIO[10] controls a diod.
So if you would like to use PIN2 you should connect: V+=>PIN3,
PIN2=>FLASH=>GND.

TRIG_OUT should be 0x200000. Each GPIO has 2 bits in this register. You
probably saw this page as well -
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Trigger

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev