[Elphel-support] Synchronizing with an external flash

Eric Boudrand dev at boudrand.net
Tue Jul 24 02:05:10 PDT 2012

Hi Oleg

> You might have seen the schematics -
> http://wiki.elphel.com/images/9/9a/10369a.pdf

I haven't seen it. Thanks.

> So, you get 5V only on the PIN 4 of J15. TRIG_OUT=0x800000.

Ok. I'am using this now. I have resolder the cable and I got 5V on the
output despite the fact I made a mistake in the configuration. I set
0x800000 in decimal value of TRIG_OUT.

> PINs 2 & 3 need an external power source. They are galvanically
> decoupled with the camera's circuitry. GPIO[10] controls a diod.
> So if you would like to use PIN2 you should connect: V+=>PIN3,
> PIN2=>FLASH=>GND.
>
> TRIG_OUT should be 0x200000. Each GPIO has 2 bits in this register.
> You probably saw this page as well -
> http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Trigger

I have read this page. But, it is not clear. I do not understand how
TRIG_OUT is computed. I will use the values from the page.

Concerning TRIG_PERIOD, if I set 0x500, does this value means 1280 sec ?

Regards.

Éric Boudrand