[Elphel-support] Aerial Photography

Carel Kruger carel at ssaconsulting.co.za
Fri Jul 13 06:49:14 PDT 2012

We are considering to use the Elphel camera for aerial photography.
We would be using a Gyrocopter as aerial platform at about 500 to 1500 ft above ground.
We would like to use the photography in Civil Engineering projects for:

1. Planning and design.
2. Recording construction progress.

Would appreciate if anybody can assist with the following questions:

Is there anybody using the Elphel camera for a similar application ?
Which camera model and lens would be the best option ?
What software is best for stitching photos ?
Has anybody used the GPS and/or IMU data for post processing / geotagging / ortho-correction and what software is available for this ?

Thanks

Carel