[Elphel-support] Camera Calibration

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Fri Jul 6 12:20:43 PDT 2012

But let me have a look at the images anyway - maybe I'll notice some simple
problem.

> "hardware problems" - what can that be? If camera is not working - you'll
> notice that easily. What else can jeopardize calibration? I can think of:
> 1 - changing camera settings acquisition parameters (especially WOI)
> between shots
> 2 - changing lens settings (focus)
> Other than that (if the images look OK - normal brightness, contrast) - I
> can not think of anything.

One more thing after (I read their instruction) - some problem withe the
pattern you used, it may not be an easy task to do that correctly. We use
different pattern (
http://blog.elphel.com/2011/10/subpixel-registration-and-distrortion-measurement/)
 and we calibrate the pattern itself too using many more measurements
from different locations, so for us minor errors in the target (i.e.
non-flatness) are not critical, but they probably are important in the
calibration they use.