[Elphel-support] Camera Calibration

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Fri Jul 6 11:53:15 PDT 2012

Hi Sinaya,

Do you have the images that you've sent them? I don't think I can easily
troubleshoot the calibration procedure they are using - we use different
calibration methods and it will be difficult to discuss with them images
that you've got. But let me have a look at the images anyway - maybe I'll
notice some simple problem.
"hardware problems" - what can that be? If camera is not working - you'll
notice that easily. What else can jeopardize calibration? I can think of:
1 - changing camera settings acquisition parameters (especially WOI)
between shots
2 - changing lens settings (focus)
Other than that (if the images look OK - normal brightness, contrast) - I
can not think of anything.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Sinaya Dayan <sdayan at njrati.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrey,****
>
> Thank you for your quick response. Find attached  the instructions we
> received from the calibration analyst for capturing the calibration image
> set. We collected the images as instructed and then sent them to
> Terrapanlabs & MosaicMill for calibration. They sent back the report saying
> there is a problem and they believe its related to the hardware. ****
>
> You can contact the analyst directly to our contact person at Terrapanlabs
> to learn more about their process; Cristiano Giovando  giovand at gmail.comor call him 619-630-7079 (GMT -7). He tried to contact Elphel a few time
> this week to discuss the calibration results so he will be expecting your
> email or call.

We did not get anything. Was it email or a phone call?  I can not find that
email even in spam folder.

****

> Please let me know if you have a possible solution or if there is any
> additional information I can help you with.

Just the images to look at - maybe that will help to notice the difference.
But I would expect the people who processed images provide you with more
detailed description of the "hardware problems" they found in the images.

****