[Elphel-support] Camogm triggered mode

Alexandre Poltorak polto at alsenet.com
Sat Jan 7 02:02:21 PST 2012

Dimitrios,

To solve the problem with tons of files in one directory you can create a directory tree to reduce the number of files per folder.

Let's say you keep videos for 4 weeks in your app on the camera's internal flash. You can create a directory per week, sub-directory for each day of week, and a sub-directory for each hour for example. You use simple shell or PHP script to set camogm to record to those directories.

Adding the ability to camogm to append some video to a file may be a nice option for some configurations. I do not know if MOV of OGG support that. We also have an experimental and unsupported MKV support on a fork of camogm. The downside is if a file-corruption occurs, you loose much more.

This wiki page describe how to setup your SDK on Ubuntu/Kubuntu:
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Elphel_Software_Kit_for_Ubuntu

Or you can download the Kubuntu ISO here:
http://community.elphel.com/files/live-dvd/

Regards,
Polto