[Elphel-support] Camogm triggered mode

Dimitrios dz at telemetry.gr
Fri Jan 6 06:19:39 PST 2012

Polto

Thank you for bringing this up. I've tried this solution because it can
satisfy all of the requirements of my proposed camogm 'trigger' command,
with some attention to proper timing:

1. Single image: take a snapshot with wget.
2. Burst recording: use camogm's 'max_frames' command to limit frames in
a burst.
2. Record for duration: issue a 'start' camogm command, wait for
'duration', issue a 'stop' command.

The problem that remains is that the CF gets filled with thousands of
small files, which, as Andrey says, will deteriorate efficiency as their
number grows. On the other hand, I can already do that by using 'imgsrv'
and a separate mobile PC, although the images saved on that PC's disk
will also be separate files.

I don't know if there is a way to prevent camogm from starting a new
file when a new 'start' command is given and append new frames to the
same file, other than changing the source code.I believe it may not be
so hard to implement a trigger command in camogm, provided I'll be a
little more confident with compiling and fiddling with the camera.

Regards
Dimitrios