[Elphel-support] change camera parameters through Telnet

Biel Bestué de Luna 7318.tk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:27:49 PST 2012

the idea was to unload that work from the camera, and leave all the
important processing to the external computer, so the camera was more free
to do the processing and the downloading of frames with higher quality,
like Flavio Soares does, he deactivates the php functions of the camera so
it can record at a higher quality jpeg compression.
in my case I wanted to control de camera by sending to it requests which
were small string lines with the parameters and the new values.
as it is right now, when you send something to the camera the camera
downloads the file and the whole process can last for 1 second to 1 second
and a half, that makes controlling the camera not a real time process
because of the delay between what you request to what happens in the camera.
what would be cool would be to have an abstraction layer that would cover
that kind of usage of the camera, for rapid interaction with the camera.