[Elphel-support] change camera parameters through Telnet

Biel Bestué de Luna 7318.tk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:56:24 PST 2012

what I'm doing is a python Elphel API<https://github.com/BielBdeLuna/ElpAPI>,
and I planed (if it where possible, that I see it isn't) to make a list of
requests and send them to the camera, the idea was to don't keep sending
small wget requests every time the user changed a setting in the local GUI
in their computer.
If the user changes "EXPOS" in our GUI application in their laptop I
intended to send a single line request via Telnet and the camera reacted to
it.
That would eventually be useful if the user would be controlling several
parameters at the same time via some peripheral, that's where my idea of
asynchonoulsy went,
The user would be controlling his sets of controls and the camera would be
following him, reacting to it's demands.
With wget this is more difficult because the change isn't instantaneously,
as it needs to download a file with changes in order to implement the
changes in the camera.