[Elphel-support] change camera parameters through Telnet

Oleg support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Dec 13 10:57:05 PST 2012

Hi,

so there are three stages or three levels of information: Sensor, FPGA, and
> software isn't it?
>

> let's say I don't care that much on the software that runs on the camera,
> is it possible to control both FPGA and sensor with a single set of tools
> via de command line? or maybe run a process that keep control of both
> sensor and FPGA asynchronously.

It is possible but not recommended: "fpcf -help".

> when I call the pixel binning summing process with this "fpcf -i2cw16 4820
> 0x60" i'm calling the FPGA isn't it? where "0x60" is a value and I guess
> "4820" is a process (in this case "pixel binning summing") in the fpga, and
> I guess "-i2cw16" is the sensor?

Here only sensor is called. It's controlled through an i2c bus 0x48
(shifted by 1 bit for convenience - it's 0x90) sensor's address on that
bus, 0x20 - register's address, 0x60 - value. You do have a datasheet for
the sensor, right?

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer