[Elphel-support] using elphel for the first time

Eric Boudrand dev at boudrand.net
Mon Apr 23 06:56:48 PDT 2012

Hi,

> Is there any program that I need to be able to have a video stream? I
> tried using MPlayer and VLC manually to see their output and they go
> below. I'm not sure if I have to change anything from the camera to be
> able to stream from it... Please, any links that can help me here will
> be apreciated - I will also update Elphel's wiki with this
> information.

Grab the exchanges with wireshark. VLC or MPlayer may using TCP as RTP
transport mode when the camera streamer is using UDP. For VLC, try : vlc
rtsp://192.168.1.9:554 --no-rtsp-tcp

You should also enable "unicast" on the camera.

There are some problems with VLC when using RTSP. A bug fix is available
on CVS :
http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/elphel/elphel353-8.0/apps/astreamer/rtsp.cpp?r1=1.10&r2=1.11

Regards.

Éric