[Elphel-support] POE card in custom enclosure?

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:41:20 PDT 2011

Hi Nathan

Your cameras run on 12-36V and you should have the power injector
adapter cable right?
For this you would not need any PCB or circuit at all to inject the
power its simply connecting certain pins of the Ethernet cable to the
voltage.

The link you provided states: "is an adaptor that eliminates the need
to run high voltage power 110VAC to remote wireless access in order to
power RF transmitters/receivers" so I think that's clearly an overkill
;)

Couldn't you just place the 2 injector cable adapters inside your
custom enclosure and wire both of them to a single battery with a
Y-power splitter cable?

Regards Sebastian