[Elphel-support] Web based elphelVision, PHP thoughts, mods

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 01:29:25 PST 2011

Hi Gary, sounds like a very interesting project.

I assume you have already seen the Apertus project? www.apertus.org

and the work-in progress viewfinder software Elphelvision:
http://apertus.org/elphelvision

Its main focus is video recording but it also has photo features.

You mentioned that you dont plan to add any kind of viewfinder (optical or
electronic), but I am afraid this would make it very dificult to focus the
lens and frame the image properly.

How do you plan to control the camera settings without a laptop/tablet?

Regards Sebastian