[Elphel-support] Web based elphelVision, PHP thoughts, mods

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Thu Jan 27 22:31:40 PST 2011

Gary,

Camera use rather large internal buffer (currently set to 19MB of the total
64), so you can acquire several seconds of 5Mpix at 15fps (in JP4 mode).
that means you can use post-trigger so even if she'll miss a little from the
perfect moment - you can look through the buffer frame by frame. Or save all
of them. Even without SDD.

BTW, when playing with the camera:
 Everything under /var is RAM-disk,
 everything under /usr (but not only) is R/W flash.
 document root for the lighttpd is /usr/html,
 /var/html (ramdisk) is visible as documentroot/var.
 There is phpshell installed, so
 http://<camera-ip>/phpshell.php?commmand=reboot+-f reboots the camera
 http://<camera-ip>/phpshell.php?commmand=sync "safely remove" for the flash
(camera has jffs2, so that is not really important)

 Currently there are 3 php processes running with FastCGI, no dynamic
starting more processes, so if all are used and stuck - no php-based pages
will open. You can telnet to the camera and run
 killall -9 lighttpd # that will kill and restart web server and all PHP
instances

 Images are served through the fast dedicated server on port 8081, there is
a minihelp when you open the root page of that server

Andrey