[Elphel-support] Sensor defect in 353 camera.

Heinrich Mueller eddie_v at gmx.de
Thu Jan 20 00:45:36 PST 2011

Am 18.01.2011 00:23, schrieb Andrey Filippov:
> Hallo Heinrich,
>
> The log shows that you have 10359 multiplexor board, the problem may
> be related to either bad contact in one of the 4 connectors (2 on the
> cable ends between the sensor and the 10359 and 2 - on the cable
> between the 10359 and 10353 boards) or the wrong phase settings for
> either main (10353) or the multiplexor (10359) board.
>
> Did you receive the camera fully assembled or you connected some of
> the boards yourself?
Fully assembled.

> What are the cable lengths (10353 - 10359) and (10359 - 10338) ?
>
> Did the camera work initially and images got corrupted later?
That's correct.

> Did you always use 10359 board or you tried just the 10353+10338 ?
Just the 10359.

> We'll try to reproduce the same result or suggest more tests.
>
> It is OK to attach small files/compressed logs, but the mailing list
> software blocks large files, like the full size image, you can either
> post them somewhere or just attach to an email to elphel - we'll post
> it ourselves.

Here's another image of the same camera:
http://img227.imageshack.us/i/garbage.png/
> Andrey

I think it's a hardware problem. Would I void the warranty by opening
and taking a look at the inside? Otherwise we would send it back to you
for a replacement unit.

Sincerely
Heinrich Mueller