[Elphel-support] Questions about 10359 and wavelet transformatoin

Jens Bürger jbuerger at arcor.de
Mon Jan 10 00:37:25 PST 2011

> Hi Jens,
>
> - Where are the "register"s located, which are accessible via the
>> reg_read-command?
> It's I2C bus.
> 0x48xx (0x90xx in simulation) - sensor - check datasheet.
> 0x08xx (0x10xx in simulation) - 10359 board - for read 8-bit addresses
have
> a look in the end of x359.v, for write - addresses described as
parameters
> in the same file.

So with the lower 7 bits of the i2c-address I can control what data is assigned to
the i2c_do, right?
i2c_do has 32 bits and the possibilities are the wires assigned in the preceeding
lines, like for example

wire [31:0] r_02 = {16'b0,ddr_do[15:0]};

So data is read from the SDRAM via channel 5 and in 2-byte-blocks?

I didn't really find where one can choose the address to be read from, and what do
you mean by "8-bit-addresses"? I see that there are only 8 bits left in the i2c-reg.

How I can access the memory? Are there hints what the memory layout is like
resp. how mcontr does abstract from the SDRAM?

> "no buffering" - the direct channels are enabled/disabled in turns - not
> synchronized.

What does "not synchronized" mean?

Thanks in advance,
Jens