[Elphel-support] netboot script errors out

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Wed Feb 23 20:47:55 PST 2011

Brian,

erasing the bootblock will remove the camera serial number (MAC),
manufacturing timestamp, etc., but in will not brick the camera. Anyway the
cameras are built with unprogrammed flash and we do not use any additional
connectors. The only part that needs to be pre-programmed (before assembly)
is the clock generator. It is re-programmable over I2C but it needs to start
with the valid clock fro the CPU.

Not turning the netboot mode (the LED should flash). Is the camera connected
to just the computer or is there anything else in the network? Some network
managers are so smart that they turn eth0 down when there is no active
device in the network.