[Elphel-support] netboot script errors out

Brian Burke burke.brian.a at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:55:11 PST 2011

I had read somewhere that the computer should be connected directly to the
camera, as "special packets" need to be sent during the netboot, and some
routers/switches can interfere with that.

That said, for this netboot attempt, I've got the computer connected
directly to the "LAN-IN" on the PoE injector, and the camera connected
directly to the "PWR LAN-OUT".  I assign the computer an IP address with
'ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255'.

Will that simple setup work for the netboot?