[Elphel-support] elphel NC313L blank image

Brian Burke burke.brian.a at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:17:24 PDT 2011

I hope this doesn't come across as a smarty-pants answer, but when I
first started playing with the Elphel, I quickly found out it was easy
to be operating with not enough light/too quick of a shutter speed.  Of
course, an all-black image was the result.

 From the GUI, turn off auto exposure by clicking the slider, then
increase the exposure/slow the shutter.  The fps will drop way down, but
you'll at least be able to confirm if the problem is simply in the
lighting/exposure setup.