[Elphel-support] NMEA compass data from a gps ?

Aat Karelse aapskarel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 02:14:04 PDT 2010

Dear folks at Elphel

I wonder if you could help me with the following problem.
We have a USB GPS (SX Bleu2 GPS) receiver that is connected to the Elphel
camera.
This receiver sends NMEA data to the camera and the camera is processing
this alright.
We integrated in this data stream compass NMEA strings.
Like : $HCHDG,301.80,,,7.1,W*3C

Now the problem is that is compass data is not integrated in the EXIF data
and the KML files.
The EXIF template does account for compass info.

I was wondering what program is processing the NMEA info to the EXIF / KML
data and if i could adapt it for compass NMEA info?

Greetings

Aat Karelse