[Elphel-support] development with menuconfig

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Mon Nov 29 11:23:29 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Rock <rock at peppa.com> wrote:

>  Should I increment the DEV_BOARD_BUILD or DEV_BOARD_VERSION numbers?
>  I'm guessing the former.

Phil,

I increment DEV_BOARD_VERSION, not sure where DEV_BOARD_BUILD is used. Board
version is used in several places, i.e. in the traball and image name.

> >    . ./init_env # if you did not do it already
> >    ./configure
>      . /init_env && ./configure ; need to be done each time I compile?

Just the first one - after you open new shell to set environment (or you can
put it into some configuration file)
./configure is needed after you change DEV_BOARD_VERSION . to just re-run
installation you can just do "make install"

You can also look at teh commands in KDevelop fro "Build project" and
"Compile"

>     In src_list, should I put in a comment, and then add the file names to
> the
>  list below the comments?

there are special lines starting with "===" (where to put - different files
are installed at different time when installing) , but all the normal files
go in a single list after the
 ===elphel_tree
line.
Just for convenience they are organized in alphabetical/directory order.

http://elphel.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/elphel/elphel353-8.0/build_distro?revision=1.2&view=markup