[Elphel-support] Global Shutter

Abe Bachrach abachrac at mit.edu
Sun Nov 28 12:34:41 PST 2010

Thanks for the response....

>From talking to Andrey and Olga on the phone, it sounds like no one at
elphel would have the time to tackle something like this themselves, so we'd
have to look to the broader community.

The type of sensor that we would be interested in is much lower resolution
than the kodak CCD that they developed...

something like this:
http://www.aptina.com/products/image_sensors/mt9v022ia7atm/#overview
or
http://www.aptina.com/products/image_sensors/mt9v032c12stc/#overview
look good to me, and would hopefully not be too different from the current
sensor:
http://www.aptina.com/products/image_sensors/mt9p031i12stc/#overview

basically, looking for something that has a global shutter, and a resolution
of  640x480 or possibly 1.3Mpixel.
a camera like one of these:
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/fireflymv/index.asp
http://www.ptgrey.com/products/chameleon/index.asp
combined with an FPGA to do image processing is what we're looking for.

thanks!
-=Abe