[Elphel-support] Photo Finish Mode Issues in 353 FW 8.0.7

Linden Mills-Connery lmillsc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:41:57 PDT 2010

I have been working on getting the 353 camera into the 'photo finish'
mode with the help of Michael Aschauer but have been unable to get the
camera to respond with a PF_HEIGHT less than 16. I need to get
PF_Height down to 2.

I have made the following combination of changes to the default Parameters:
   -PH_HEIGHT=16 (taken in well lit conditions, EXP automatically set to ~300)
    Result: works as expected, takes 16 pixel slices and creates a
1936 pixel high composite images from the slices
   -AUTO_EXP=0, EXP=1000, PH_HEIGHT=16
    Result: works as expected, takes 16 pixel slices and creates a
1936 pixel high composite images from the slices
   -PH_HEIGHT=8 (also tried 4 and 2) (taken in well lit conditions,
EXP automatically set to ~300)
    Result: camera produces no new images, not working
   -AUTO_EXP=0, EXP=1000, PH_HEIGHT=8 (also tried 4 and 2)
    Result: camera produces no new images, not working
   -Tried setting these different combinations as the default
configurations and rebooting
    Result: same as above when setting them on the fly

My configuration:
   -Current Firmware Version: Elphel (R) Model 353 Camera release 8.0.7
   -FPGA Release Number: 3534011
   -Board: 10353
   -Sensor: MT9P001

>From talking to Michael Aschauer, it sounds like he has it working on
an older version of the FW. Should I try switching the FW to an older
version or wait for ideas on the current version?

Thanks,

Linden Mills-Connery