[Elphel-support] Photo Finish Mode Issues in 353 FW 8.0.7

Michael Aschauer m at ash.to
Fri Nov 5 12:22:33 PDT 2010

Linden Mills-Connery:

>      Result: camera produces no new images, not working
>     -Tried setting these different combinations as the default
> configurations and rebooting
>      Result: same as above when setting them on the fly

I can confirm, PH_HEIGHT of 16, 8, 4 or 2 work here with me.
With one issue:
I cannot just change it on the fly. If I do so camera gets stuck

by stuck I mean there is no new image served. but img_srv at -
http://camera_ip:8081/frame - frame is counting up) also stopping &
restarting compressor and/or sensor does not help.
I need to change WOI_HEIGHT to recover again (or change it in parallel
to PF_HEIGHT changes, then it does not happen, I just receive 3 to 4
errornous frames)

>     -Current Firmware Version: Elphel (R) Model 353 Camera release 8.0.7
>
>> From talking to Michael Aschauer, it sounds like he has it working on
> an older version of the FW. Should I try switching the FW to an older
> version or wait for ideas on the current version?

actually I am speaking about newer version.
are you sure you are on 8.0.7. ?
as far as I know photo-finish mode was brought back in 8.0.8.7
(I am on 8.0.8.47 at the moment)

best
m,-