[Elphel-support] how do I reflash the camera via netboot mode?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Tue Nov 2 11:32:56 PDT 2010

Andrey,

> Did you perform the ping test that I wrote? What was the problem - bad
> network connector or some general  networking problem?

I'm running an My traceroute now on the camera, and it seems to be
performing OK:

                            My traceroute  [v0.75]
tonkachi (0.0.0.0)                                     Tue Nov  2
19:30:34 2010
Keys:  Help   Display mode   Restart statistics   Order of fields   quit
                                       Packets               Pings
 Host                                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best
Wrst StDev
 1. 192.168.2.9                       0.0%   146    0.9   2.2   0.7
43.7   5.0

(as you see, I've changed the IP address to 192.168.2.9)

> We ran the camera for more than 72 hours before shipping it to you
> and it passed all the tests. The camera includes ESD sensitive
> components that can be easily damaged by the lack of the proper
> handling of the board. So let's finish with the networking first - it
> is extremely unlikely camera to have multiple unrelated hardware
> problems - we've never seen that before, especially after the thorough
> testing we subject each shipped unit.

the network connection seems to be OK now. I contribute the previous
network issues to the ethernet interface / driver of my laptop. I'd like
to apologize for faulting the camera at this point.

but, the image I get from the camera itself seems to be broken - there
are vertical stripes on the image. I wonder if your received the image I
sent you? also, the /usr/local/bin/str seems to be taking 108% of CPU
time when running, with 3 such processes reported. I wonder if this is
normal.

Akos