[Elphel-support] elphel LiveDVD 2.0 download

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 1 20:47:20 PDT 2010

--- On Tue, 2/11/10, Andrey Filippov <andrey at elphel.com> wrote:
Tom,

It is sure possible to use any distribution with the cameras (if you know how to do that), but we at Elphel have resources to support just one of them - (K)ubuntu of one of the latest releases (so far we tested the software up to 10.04).
Why did you pick kubuntu over xubuntu or ubuntu?
 And it should be a "normal" distribution - at least if you want me to be able to help you,
it is going to be a normal distro with stuff striped out (eg: games)
or I may even use Dam Small Linux or one of the mini linux's ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Linux )

(now that would be a twist netbooting you computer off a elphel camera :) ? )
I do not have any experience with virtual systems running on top of other ones and do not know how to troubleshoot any installation problems.
there are lots of support for virtual machines, we could write a page on your wiki about virtual machine options
Andrey
tom_a_sparks

"It's a nerdy thing I like to do"