[Elphel-support] Using the RJ14 port to trigger a camera flash?

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Mon May 17 14:14:37 PDT 2010

Peter,

that means that both trigger output and trigger input are operational. This
test (it is just a php script) turns the trigger output off, measures
trigger input, then turns output on and measures input again. If input was
"off" in the first measurement and "on" in the second the program concludes
that this is a "master" camera - the one that drives the synchronization
pair of wires. You may connect oscilloscope between them and see these
signals (the trigger input is opto-isolated, but the output is not, one of
the signals is connected to camera ground).

If you run the camera from the FPGA trigger (TRIG=4, TRIG_CONDITION=0) you
may make the output generate pulse before each frame by setting TRIG_OUT.

Andrey