[Elphel-support] Using the RJ14 port to trigger a camera flash?

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Wed May 12 16:01:58 PDT 2010

Peter,

that sequence is caused by a latency bug - camera driver relies on frame
sync interrupts and initially internal generator is stopped, so it seems
that switching (TRIG=4) happens before the generator gets programmed.

Next step - test the connector (with external it would be a connector with 2
jumpers 1-3 and 2-4
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=10369#J15_-_SYNC_.28external.29

Then open the page
http://camera_ip/sync.php?role=detect&channel=external

it should tell "role=master", w/o connector "role=slave"

(for internal connectors it would be
http://camera_ip/sync.php?role=detect&channel=internal)

Andrey