[Elphel-support] reflashing problem over net-boot

Johannes Paiska jpaiska at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 14 07:27:30 PST 2010

> So did you use aurocampars.php (or direcly edited config files) to make
> TRIG=4 default mode auto boot?

Not about autocampars.php.... this is my way... manual

So on that page (linked from http://192.168.0.9/parsedit.php)
http://192.168.0.9/parsedit.php?embed=0.1&title=External+trigger+controls&TRIG=4&TRIG_PERIOD=19200000&TRIG_DELAY&EARLY_TIMESTAMP=1&THIS_FRAME=@&TRIG_CONDITION=0&TRIG_OUT=0&SENSOR_REGS30=@

1)Uncheck 'TRIG' line and click "Apply'. That will program the timer, but
not switch to external trigger mode
2) Then - put "4" (as it was originally) or click "Restart" button.
3) click 'Apply' again - it should not freeze anymore.

> And I understand - you do not have 10369 board with the serial console,
> correct?

Yes, normal 353L

>> By the way, I get an archive error for 8.0.7. So I wanted to uploading the
>> 8.0.5 again.
>>
>> What kind of  "archive error" ? During unpacking or when you run
> installation? If it is the second - can you archive and send the "build.log"
> file from the top of the installation directory?
>
> BTW - did you try
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/elphel/files/elphel353-8/install-8.0-fromcvs/elphel353_80_install_from_cvs.sh.tar.gz/download- it installs the software from the CVS repository.

Yes - that´s the file path... during unpacking... "Archive is damaged, or
there is no free space on the drive" - it´s more than enough free space on
the drive - 8.0.5 works with the same usb-stick!

OK, so camera gets the power (otherwise yellow LED will not turn on). Does
> not "become warm" - you probably did not wait long enough or did not notice
> the temperature difference (you could wrap the camera with some warm clothes
> and leave it on for a longer time), but that might be needed to find out if
> the camera gets power only if LEDs were completely dead.

Oh... over PSU, the camera becomes "warm", but not over "reflashing" with
normal LAN cable.

How long (in seconds) does it take between the cable is inserted and the
> yellow LED turns on?

5 seconds

> What happens if you try  to repeat 5 times (5 seconds "ON" 3 seconds "OFF")
> and then finally leave "ON" - what is the delay between last powering and
> the yellow LED going on?

with PSU

1 On for 5 seconds... 0ff 3 secondes
2 On for 5 seconds... off 3 secondes
3 On - after 3 seconds - yellow is constant on and short time later green
led flashing - Off 3 secondes
4 On - the same as in 3 - Off
5 On - the same as in 3 - always On - the green led flashes 8x becoming
increasingly longer, and jump back to the short and flashing 9x - even
increasingly duration

For you - net boot mode also works with 3x On/Off - not 5x as describted on
the homepage.

How did you reflash the camera - from the Live DVD or just a computer
> running GNU/Linux?

Live DVD - i did it 10x times before

Thanks