[Elphel-support] Questions about 10359 and wavelet transformatoin

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Mon Dec 13 18:38:17 PST 2010

Hi Jens,

- Where are the "register"s located, which are accessible via the
> reg_read-command?

It's I2C bus.
0x48xx (0x90xx in simulation) - sensor - check datasheet.
0x08xx (0x10xx in simulation) - 10359 board - for read 8-bit addresses have
a look in the end of x359.v, for write - addresses described as parameters
in the same file.
If your 10359 is revision A (should be):
0x50xx - EEPROM on the 10359a.
0x69xx - clock generator on the 10359a.

> - How could we access 1359's DDR-RAM via read/write from the Linux-system?
>  We thought about implementing control operations via the webinterface, and
> perhaps
>  reading whole images saved / buffered in the DDR

 The possible solution is to transfer the data from 10359's DDR SDRAM as a
frames with sync signals and then read it from 10353's SDRAM.

> - As we do not need more than one image-sensor, we thought about using one
> of the possible
>  alternation modes to let do the memory accessing for us somehow
> automatically, thus
>  that wie connect a wavelet-transformation-module via the PXD-lines of one
> of the other
>  sensor-ports

The 1st frame normal, the second - transformed version of the 1st? Sounds
ok.

> - What does the "combine into one frame" option do? Does ist somehow add
> the last retrived
>  images of all (connected) sensors?

Combine into one - takes images from2 sensors and glues them vertically in
one: http://blogs.elphel.com/2009/12/10359-stereo-combining-modes/

> - What is the difference between the "pure" alternation mode and the one
> with buffering?

"with buffering" means that the images from sensors are taken at the same
moment of time and while the first one is being transferred to the system
board the second one is being buffered and transfered after the 1st frame is
finished.
"no buffering" - the direct channels are enabled/disabled in turns - not
synchronized.

If you have other questions please ask.

Best regards,
Oleg