[Elphel-support] An error in replacing the 14-megapixel sensor(mt9f002) by 5-megapixel sensor(mt9006)

Elphel Support support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Oct 19 08:19:43 PDT 2020

Hello Ali,

There should be no problems with impedance matching, we tested both types of sensors with up to 450mm cables (for ectremely long cable programmatic phase adjustment may be needed). And the cables are the same for both serial (14MPix) and parallel (5MPix).

Andrey

---- On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 05:33:14 -0600 ali tamimi <tamimiali73 at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hello Oleg

yes, i can 'ssh' to camera and also can send  the/var/log/autocampars.log. The microSD card marked "5MPx" is also insert to the slot.

We opened the camera. When closing the sensor cable was pressed  slightly and deformed. I guess the cable is damaged. In the parts list of the "5 MPx" sensor, FFC cable with model number 050-30-51B, is provided. But by connecting this cable, the sensor is not detected eaither.The connection photo is sent in the attachment. Could there be a problem with the cable (for example, impedance matching, etc.)?